If eduroam is available at your location:
- Select the wireless network icon in the bottom right corner of the screen and select eduroam. Click Connect
- Provide your Oxford username in the format abcd1234@OX.AC.UK and remote access password
- At the Continue connecting? prompt, select Show certificate details
- If the server thumbprint is “55:47:E3:A0:AF:EA:9D:7D:90:BB:0E:04:6A:C5:99:3B:45:B9:64:BF" then select Connect, otherwise do not connect and contact the Service Desk to check for any rogue networks
If you are setting up eduroam elsewhere:
- Select the Windows Start menu > Settings > Network & Internet
- Select Network and Sharing Center > Set up a new connection or network > Manually connect to a wireless network
- Provide the following details:
|Start this connection automatically
- Select Change connection settings
- Select the Security tab > Settings > Configure...
- Ensure Automatically use my Windows log-on name and password (and domain if any) is not ticked
- Confirm all settings then select Close
If you have trouble connecting, follow the troubleshooting guide.